Install Robot Framework With Pip On Windows
- First, we need to install python on the windows machine. Download the python from the following URL and run the setup as Administrator:
- In between the installation, you need to select the option to add python.exe to Path variable.
- To Verify the install, check if you have a python folder in your C: drive. For me its like “C:\Python27” and also verify if exe path has been added to your system Environment Variable “Path”. For this go to “Control Panel\System and Security\System->Advance System Settings->Advanced-> Environment Variables”
Next Step is to Install all Pip to install the python packages on your system.
- Go to following URL and download PIP and extract the file to a Folder in System:
Download the Source file for pip, File something like this: pip-9.0.1.tar.gz(md5, pgp)
- Run Command Prompt in Administration mode. Change Directory to a Folder created in previous step.
After changing the current Directory, Run following command
python setup.py install
Install Robot Framework
Once pip is installed, run following command to install Robot Framework.
pip install robotframework
In similar fashion, you can install most of the python packages. E.g. for Selenium2Library and Selenium, following commands can be used:
pip install robotframework-selenium2library pip install selenium
Run following command to confirm the installation of the packages.