Installation of UFT
Before installing UFT 14.03, we need to look into minimum/recommended system requirements, which are as under:
|Computer Processor||Dual-core CPUs or better, for example, AMD Phenom II X2 and Intel Core Duo||Intel® Core™ i3 Processor or Phenom II X3|
|Operating System||Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (32-bit or 64-bit)||Windows 7 Service Pack 1 64-bit|
|Memory||Minimum of 2 GB when no more than three add-ins are loaded simultaneously.
An additional 512 MB of RAM are required when using a virtual machine.
Additional memory is required when loading more add-ins and when using the Save movie to results option to capture movies during run sessions.
|4 GB or more of RAM|
|Screen Resolution||1024 X 768|
|Free Hard Disk Space||2 GB of free disk space for application files and folders.||20 GB of free disk space for application files and folders.|
|You must also have an additional 1 GB of free disk space on the system disk (the disk on which the operating system is installed).|
|Browser||A recent version of Microsoft Internet Explorer|
|Prerequisite Software Requirements||Microsoft C++ 2015 Redistributable|
|The following programs are required before installing UFT. If they are not found, the UFT installer will prompt you to install them.
.NET Framework 4.5
Microsoft Access database engine 2010
Microsoft WSE 2.0 SP3 Runtime
Microsoft WSE 3.0 Runtime
Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Run-time Components for 32/64 bit Operating Systems
Microsoft C++ 2012 Redistributable
|Mac||When testing Safari on Mac, you must install the UFT Connection Agent. There are no additional hardware requirements.|
|Source: (Installation guide)||Click Here.|
If your system satisfies these requirements, then the next step is to download and install UFT. To download the latest version of UFT (60-Days Trial version), register on Microfocus website – https://software.microfocus.com/en-us/products/unified-functional-automated-testing/free-trial
After registering, and email verification, login with your credentials and download the latest UFT. Once you have successfully downloaded UFT file(eg.“UFT_14.03_DVD.zip”), you can proceed with installation process.
UFT – Installation Steps (Windows):
- If you have downloaded the zip file (“UFT_14.03_DVD.zip”), extract the files using Wizip/Winrar or similar application. Open the location where you have extracted the files and run “setup.exe” (Preferably – Right click and Run as Administrator).
- Click on “Unified Functional Testing Setup” to begin installation.
- Next you will be prompted to install the following pre-requisite programs (if missing). Press “OK” to continue.
.NET Framework 4.5, Microsoft Access database engine 2010, Microsoft WSE 2.0 SP3 Runtime, Microsoft WSE 3.0 Runtime, Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Run-time Components for 32/64 bit Operating Systems, Microsoft C++ 2012 Redistributable, Microsoft pdm.dll
- Once all the pre-requisite programs are installed, click on “Next”
- Accept the terms in License Agreement and click “Next”.
- Select the features (Addons) that you want to install, and click “Next”
- Select the relevant options and click “Install”.
- On completion of installation process, click on “Finish”.
- Restart your system, and click on UFT (Desktop icon) to run UFT.
- Click on “Continue” to start your 60 days trial.
- On the next screen, select the add-ins to load and click on “OK”.
- HPE UFT dashboard is displayed.